How Does Your Garden Grow?

13:12

I've been meaning to do an update on my dad's vegetable garden (see past post) but every time I've thought about taking photos, the weather's been rather grey and rainy or I've been at work or whatever. So, better late than never... here they are. I'm so proud of him and all of his effort he's put in to this. It's been so great to have fresh vegetables every day (some more than others)! We've had spring onions, red and white onions, peas, sweetcorn, runner beans, lettuces, cucumbers, tomatoes, courgettes, marrows, peppers...and a load more. It's amazing what people can do when we put a bit of effort in.
Whilst taking Luce up to Uni' today, she pointed out a group of allotments in the city, which made me smile. I think it's wonderful that even in a busy, bustling place like Bristol, you can still find the space and time to grow your own. So, why not follow Europe's Green Capital (and my dad) and have a go for yourself?
 Three cheers for self sufficiency!







post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments