Banana cupcakes

09:16

Afternoon, you lovely people! 
Today, I thought I'd share with you a bake I made last Friday for my cousin's Bridal shower. Unfortunately I couldn't go because of work but my mum took them along. We still had a few left at home for...testing, (Yup; that sounds better than scoffing.) and they were really tasty and light.
As usual with naughty food, they disappeared pretty quickly but I will no doubt be making them again! Try them for yourself. They're little pieces of banana-y heaven. :)
(Makes 20)

Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Butter Icing




Cakes- 200g plain flour, 2 large bananas (mashed), 1 egg, 150g brown sugar, 100g butter, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp bicarb, pinch of salt, 1 tsp vanilla
Icing- Cocoa powder, Icing sugar, butter (I just did this by eye, sorry.)






-Preheat the oven to 180.-Mash the bananas in a large bowl.-Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla and butter.-In another bowl, mix the flour and other dry ingredients.-Fold the dry ingredients into the wet.-Prepare a cupcake tray with paper cases (Or use paper cases inside silicone cases on a regular baking tray! You can do loads more at once!).-Fill the cases 3/4 with the mixture and cook for approx' 25 minutes.
-Remove from tray (Or silicone cases) and allow to cool on a rack.

-Make the icing by mixing cocoa powder, icing sugar and butter. I did this by eye.
-Spoon into a piping bag and swirl the icing on top of the cakes.
-Eat! Nom nom nom.

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments